Bum-Chae Choi, M.D., Ph.D.
- Director of CLWH in Republic of Korea
- Director of CL Fertility Center in Mongolia
- Director of CLWH Fertility Center of Reproductive Health in Russia
- President of Gwangju Medical Tourism
- Appointed as Adjunt Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Samsung Cheil Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine
- Appointed as Adjunt Professor Chosun University, Chonnam National University, Konkuk University
- Executive Director of Korean Infertility Society, Obstetrics and Gynecology Society, Assisted reproductive medicine
Dr. Bum-Chae Choi is a reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialist. He graduated from Chosun University School of Medicine in 1985. After completing his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Konkuk University College of Medicine in 1993, he joined Samsung Cheil Hospital Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. From 1995 to 1997, he was a research fellow at the Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Division of Brigham & Women's Hospital, affiliated with Harvard Medical School. He had been engaged in the research of 'immunologic factor' (alloimmunology;Th1/Th2cytokine) of recurrent miscarriage under the supervision of Dr. Joseph A.Hill and Dr. Deborah J. Anderson.
Dr. Choi has been recognized for his outstanding research, for which he received Prize Paper Awards twice from the Reproductive Immunology Division in the 1997 & 1999 ASRM (American Society of Reproductive Medicine). In Korea, he has been awarded 6 times in the area of recurrent miscarriage and infertility. He has published more than 100 scientific/clinical papers and chapters including presenting at more than 60 medical and scientific conferences, held in more than 15 countries.
Dr. Choi received a Ph.D. degree from the School of Medicine, Chosun University, whose thesis was 'The Study on PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease)'. He has experienced more than 20,000 cases of
IVF-ET and he has been interested in the field of recurrent miscarriage, PCOD, premature ovarian failure, and laparoscopic surgery. He is currently the Director at Creation and Love Women's Hospital (CLWH) in Gwangju, Korea, which he established in 2000.
In his free time, Dr. Choi enjoys writing, tracking, playing golf, and listening to music. He has also regularly participated in medical volunteer services abroad in China, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Russia, and Vietnam.